For preparing this day, me and the staff in starfish had been telling Zoe she was going to another group because she grew up. Initially, Zoe would say "NO!" then "Summer's group", and gradually she started to looking at the big playgroup and some of her little friends who used to be in the starfish group when we pass by, and at times, she would answer "Soon" when I asked her willingness to go.
I think there was some dynamic going on with me and the starfish group as well. We all thought of doing transition for her, such as spending some time with her in seahorse group, but we did nothing due to a lot of seems reasonable reasons until last Friday. From my side, I worry that how Zoe would cope with those older kids, especially those aggressive ones and also maybe Zoe would learn the bad behaviours such as pushing others when she was with those age from 3 to 5 when two classes combine outdoor activity in the afternoon. For staff in starfish, they didn't want Zoe to go for they had Zoe for a long time. However, maybe the real reason behind all these is "trust". I haven't built any trust with the Seahorse group, or I even should say I am still questioning the main staff's capabilty to provide good care as she forgot Zoe's fruit before and forget passing the information to other staff before.
Anyway, Zoe seems to know she is leaving the baby group. In the early morning, we were in seahorse room where all kids from all class gathered before staff start each group, when all the kids were calling to move to starfish, Zoe still sat with me, she must know she is in Seahorse now, I was amazed by her reaction. She appeared to be a bit nervous, she brought toys and then sat on my lap, when the temp staff tried to play with her by giving her two blocks, Zoe just took them and then returned to her. Then when all Seahorse kids were called to sit on a mat for a "peak-a-poo" activity, Zoe finally left my lap but still tried to ask me to move to the mat with her. I reassured her that I would stay until they went outdoors but didn't move with her.
As soon as they all went out, Zoe was lined up with all others and didn't trun to me anymore. After I explained to the staff where would I put her stuff, I found her already sitting on the sandpit. I left after saying goodbye to her.
1 comment:
這位小妹真的很勇敢,請幫阿姨讚美她一下~
Post a Comment