Monday, November 19, 2007

Parents' group-week 1

This morning we attended the ECC's (Early childhood centre) mothers' group, I have changed the name to Parents' group because of Wayne who was the only one father in the class and who was the one held Zoe most of the time too.

At the beginning, when all the mums talking, I just wondered how well I would be able to find connection with them, even though most of the mums have babies around the similar age as Zoe. It has been an "issue" for me to connect to the community here due to my different cultural background.

However, it was a good experience and all the mums were happy to share their experience. Today we discussed about the wind problem for babies and two mums recommended one formula called "wind drop" for trial. The other wonderful thing was to know everyone was struggling in a similar way even though I was not quite alone with Wayne's help. In addition, the sharing from other mums also let me think of bottle feeding. Otherwise I will be a not only house bounded but baby meal time bunded mum

But I think Zoe was not so happy about going out to attend this kind of class, she was a bit unsettle during the class.

1 comment:

Witch KiKi said...

Meow~
Glad to see that you have support group. It's cool that both Wayne and you can go to the group together.
One thing worries me is that Nikolai is so busy, I don't know what will happen if we have kid?
Well, but I don't have to worry too much about future.
I am having a very nice Thanksgiving holiday.
Although I am not American and this is not a holiday we used to celebrate, I like to feel thankful and grateful about all the kindness I have received this year.
Also, I feel thankful that God(s) finally bring babies in my life....well, not to me, but to several of my friends...haha....

Love you!
Many hugs!