Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Preschool-11/09/2007








I am pretty relaxed today, may I am too relaxed to remember observing my kids (J &N) most of the time. N today did not do much drawing, the only drawing he did is this afternoon when I sat outside with J, he then joined in. He drew a good snow man with great details and an airplane, and a cartoon-like sneal. His drawing is always so attractive, but he played with scissors so he cut the figures out.
There is an interesting discussion with Jody during lunch time. I said to her about N's wanting for a El's doll during lunch time. When El put her lunch box back to fridge leaving her doll on the same table where N was still eating, N suddenly picked up El's doll and hugged the doll in his arm, when El was back, she grabbed the doll back. N did not fight for the doll, knowing that was belong to El, but then he berried his head in his arm crying without sound. I tried to comfort him saying that I knew he was upset but he was such a good boy knowing that doll was not belong to him. I then asked him to choose two options, sit on my lap and I give him a hug; or pack his lunch and we go finding another doll. He choosed the first one and we did the later one when he felt better. Jody said maybe N did not really want the doll, he just wanted to play with El. Jody also said that N like to being sad because then he was fully understood by the adults.
I was really surprised that how he treated El differently, I thought he would fight with El, but he did not.

J enjoyed the straw blowing painting a lot today, he did at least 10 pictures. I took some of these staw blowing pictures. He also did another coloured glue hand painting which is not messy as many children does. J's painting or drawing always carries some quiet feelings. In the afternoon, J drew his home and he then wanted to help Ai drawing her windows.

Mi again attracts my attention today. In the morning, she cried for mom. When we did the straw painting, Mi occupied one colour not letting other kids use it. I felt that she was like a queen. The table has to follow her rule. Is that because she wanted to fight for herself or fight for authority? Jody said she went to two preschools and in our preschool she did not gain enough attention. This afternoon, she did another sneal painting besides me, she compared hers with Ai's saying" mine is better" . I felt that I could not understand her.

Ai today followed me when I was avaliable. I did like her a lot. This afternoon, she started showing lack of confidence in drawing again. She kept on saying that was not good enough, I could not do this until I insisted that she could do it and her drawing was good. I gave her a lot of encouragement but wondering how come she is lack of confidence in drawing. (very like typical Asian little girl, never preform good enough)

No comments: