Monday, October 12, 2009

11th Oct


Today I had an appointment with Birth Centre at RPA, therefore, Wayne took a day off. We three went together to the Birth Centre, Zoe initally was fighting with Daddy because she didn't want to sit on her car seat. After we explained to her the schedule would include going to the hospital and listening to Mia's heart beat. She then became more cooperative. (upon arrival at her daycare center, she even gave me her toy dog and asked for her toy kangaroo as I discussed with her before we left home). She now loves to hear a more complicated story or explanation and totally rejects our order. Another example is she wants to take a bear out of the car but we worry that she may lose her bear. She won't accept that we said you couldn't take the bear with you out of the car, but she gave me the bear after I said the bear would be so upset if he couldn't sleep in the car.
Her language level was a bit behind, I hope that is because she has to learn two languages at the same time. When we arrived at the hospital, she said "pitalheart". Through her mum's interpretation, Zoe wanted to say: come to hospital to listen to heart beat. I was thinking maybe I should just let go English and focus on Mandarin only because later on she will pick up all the English from school. The hardest part is I now find hard to restate what I said to Zoe to Wayne in English afterwards, at times, it was such a rush to fix up Zoe's emotional response that I could only leave Wayne standing there confusing what I just discussed with Zoe. At times, I really need Wayne's help to create the same story and have to use English so that Wayne can be involved as well.
At Birth Centre, the mid wife as usual, was able to tell you that where is the baby's head and back through just touching. I told her that my friend in Taiwan is amazed by how the mid wives can tell the babies' position just by touching. She just smiled and said " so they use altrasound everytime? "
Anyway, today after leaving her at daycare, we went for a walk and had lunch at Fish Market. After Mia is born, I wonder this kind of holiday may become a dream as we won't have much time left for us.
The Lily plants Wayne's mum gave me this year have a lot of flowers, I asked Wayne to take photos of me and the lily flowers.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

哈哈,這下你終於有孕婦的樣子啦~

Juliana said...

超有媽媽樣的~

Anonymous said...

是媽?是媽?是Zoe's 媽. 是Mia的媽.
你们都好嗎?