Mothers' group was at Anna's place, we arrived late (don't know what's going on, I stay at home most of the time and get up really early and time just runs out). Zoe was happy at the beginning, trying to grab other babies' toys and jumped in the "jumper".
Then finally she got really exhausted (didn't sleep continuously for four hours), I put her in the pram, she fell to sleep by herself. All other mums were amazed by her self settle skill (Carolina, a mum with a super night time active baby boy, even pretended she was angry at me)
But..when she got up, the worst part came. At first, she starred at the bubbles without much response and then she refused to drink or eat even though she must be hungry. I was really hungry so when Anna passed me a cake, I couldn't resisit it while Zoe was with me. As soon as I held the cake, I knew I was in trouble. Zoe starred at the cake with passion, I gave her two tiny bits and swallowed the rest. I thought that would be all right, but she didn't think so. She saw me swallow the rest and cried immediately. Very loud...All mums couldn't hear any other things except her crying. Then she was cranky until we left.
On the way home, we stopped by the post office to send a parcel. The staff saw her in the pram and tried to talk to her. Afraid of disappointing the staff who tried to cheer her up, I explained that she was cranky and did not want to smile.
Staff: yep? you are cranky? I am cranky as well, so we both are cranky.
Zoe: (looked at her, and kept on sucking the rusk in her hand for comforting).
Staff: I know what happened. That is their fault (pointed at me).
Zoe: iiii (smiled)
Staff: Yep? That is all mum's fault, isn't it? (pointed at me again).
Zoe: iiiiii(giggled).
Me: Yes, it is all mum's fault. She can only have the rusk which is not yummy at all.
Staff: Say to mummy, buy me some chocolate and yummy lollies.
Zoe: iiii (giggled again).
Staff: Say to mum, I don't want the rusk, buy me chocolate!
Zoe: iiiiii(more excited, and hit the rust on the table of her pram)
Me: Wow, she totally understands what do you say to her.
However, when we got home, she was still cranky. Daddy bought her a colourful bear, she was too cranky to really play with it.
4 comments:
She is very cute. I always think that kids can understand what people say.
I thought so too, but then when you coax them to eat or not to cry, they seems do not understand what people say.
BTW, from Lishu, it seems those acupoints work very well for kids...
So, when the kids are cranky, crying, or having other emotions, she usually try to rub those acupoints and sooth them....
I don't know if it works for Zoe, but it's worth trying since there is no harm and no cost!
PS: I called Liu Shu-Hwey last weekend and asked her about Emotional Freedon Technique.
She said that she read one book too and those acupoints make sense to her (she has been learning Chinese chi-kong for 6-7 years now). She guesses that western psychologists learned thsoe basic knowledge of chi-channales and did experiements to figure out a general rule that can apply to most of the emotions...
:)
I got the free manual from here:
http://www2.emofree.com/default.htm
This is the one from Lishu:
http://mypaper.pchome.com.tw/news/lishu/3/1306003947/20080418143002/
Hey,
just found this website...
http://gnae.ntue.edu.tw/htmlweb/gnae/artmouse/art_photo.htm
http://gnae.ntue.edu.tw/index.jsp
It's interesting~
Post a Comment