Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Wayne's first day of being a stay-home father

People say, daycare is an excellent place to catch virus. I knew that and therefore try to feed Zoe some breastmilk as top-up. I knew that when I went to the daycare with her for the first week. Every baby has a running nose. I know but just pray that she may be more like her dad, be more tougher fighting the virus.
Sunday she started caughing, Monday got really tired, Tuesday got ear infection and started on medicine. Today she of course can't attend the daycare and Wayne decided to stay home with her since if I don't go to work I won't get paid but he is different.

Last night around dinner time, Wayne said to me with the attitude of proud and responsive for being the main carer: ok, tonight, when Zoe is up, it is my turn to settle her since you have to work tomorrow.

Around 12:30 Zoe was up, then I half slept in bed and then..Wayne came in: I need your help. Zoe was really cranky and we finally got her drink some milk and back to sleep around 1:30

Left at 6:35, Wayne said he would go back to sleep when saying goodbye to me.The first phone call at 8:00 is about Zoe's discomfort.

The second phone call is about 13:00. They are in the Mall!! Wayne said he was going to get her favorite commercial baby food for her in the mall because she had sore throat and won't eat the lumpy food I had prepared.

Called home on the train saying I would be home around 5PM,
Wayne: how come it takes so long?
It is the normal time I can get back home even I leave work sharply at 3:30pm.

When I got home....probably 10 pack of baby food on the table..some of them even cost 4 dollar for just a small package. This amount probaby equals to what we usually buy for half year!!

I think he finally realizes in a deeper level that why I am so busy at home.
Anyway, thanks to my dear Wayne. Happy to be home to take care of our daughter so I get the chance to work.

2 comments:

Selina said...

偉大的老公!!哈哈哈~~這下才能體會老婆的辛苦。
不過,Zoe要提早體驗團體生活,辛苦她囉!
要開始工作,想必也是蠟燭兩頭燒,要顧好身體囉!

Anonymous said...

any more posts coming ?